Time: 9 am to 2 pm
Location: Ashford Park Activity Building, 2980 Redding Rd. NE, Brookhaven, GA 30319
Amenities: Coffee, tea, water and snacks included.
By living with us humans, our pets share the same lifestyle and are exposed to toxins in our environment. They suffer from the same diseases and are killed slowly, while eating commercial food, which is nutrient deficient.
If you are a conscious, concerned dog parent or you already have a sick dog at home, this class is for you! We will discuss how we can create a healthier lifestyle for our four legged family members. You will learn how to navigate through the marketing schemes of the pet food industry and how to calculate the true protein, fat and carbohydrate content. We will evaluate all diets (Kibble, Canned & Raw). This knowledge packed program will give you unbiased information to make healthier choices!
This 5 hours class will also give practical advise on how to properly care for your canine friend, which also may safe you money.
1. Healthy Lifestyle for Longevity
– Immune System, Allergies, Vaccines & Cancer
– Toxins & “greening” your household with natural alternatives
– Hormones & Sterilization Options
– Fitness, Exercise & Wellness
– ABC of Dog Psychology & a balanced doggy mind
2. Nutrition & Diet
– Obesity, Diabetes & Kidney Disease
– Pet Food Industry & understanding Labels
– Dry & Canned Foods
– Evaluating & comparing commercial foods
– Home cooked Diet & self-made Treats
– Raw Diet & how to safely transition
– Basic Wound Care
– Ears & Eyes
– Glands, Anus & Genitals
– Paws, Nail Maintenance & Declawing
– Coat & Holistic Parasite Prevention
– Allergies, Hotspots & Insect Bites/Stings
– Snout & Dental